Thread: Kobo Glo HD
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 11:39 AM   #65
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Well, there is no need to buy a Kindle Voyage anymore… except for American review sites: they will prefer a Kindle anyway and find ways justifying it, probably by comparing apples with oranges (remember the reviews Aura H2O vs Voyage?)
The weight of the Glo HD and Voyage are both 180g. So they can't complain about that or does the Glo HD feel heavier or look chunkier?
I guess the Voyage will drop in price very soon.

I can't wait to read some serious reviews as I do have a few questions and/or doubts. BTW, the same doubts I had with the H2O.

The 1 GHz processor.
Is it still the same as in other Kobo models like the Aura, Aura H2O, Aura HD?
If so, then this model will also be relatively slow when compared face-to-face with competing products and you will read this in the reviews.
Note: this does not mean the device is slow or too slow. Just that it might be slower than other devices.

Touch
Has the responsiveness of the touch layer been improved: less latency between the actual touch and feedback (i.e. displaying a pop up screen or menu)
Idem for touch screen accuracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cme View Post
There you go
http://allesebook.de/e-book-reader/k...29-euro-62704/

Prices:
$129.99 (CA/US), €129.99 (EU), £109.99 (UK), $179.99 (AU), $219.99 (NZ)
€129.99 = CAD 176.63 = USD 141.09

Last edited by Anak; 04-07-2015 at 12:01 PM.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote