View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 01:33 PM   #8
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuskro View Post
Thanks downeaster59, I've never tried it on my M96 because in prior occasions, I mean, on my old HTC Desire it slowed down the system and after a month it corrupted the SDcard but I guess from your instructions that Link2sd doesn't let you to work with the external SDcard so you need FolderMount and maybe FolderMount doesn't corrupt the external SDcard.

How long have you been using it? Did you move only libs and cache or also data? Did you format the second partition of your SDcard on ext2 or ext3 or ext4 (I guess kernel only support ext2)?

Thanks in advance.

I've used Link2SD and FolderMount for maybe two weeks, so it's still too early to know about corrupting the SD card. So far, it works well. Both apps were way too slow on my T68, but work well with the C67. The C67 has a dual-core processor, but I also wonder if the SD card reader on the T68 is simply too slow. When I ran FolderMount on the T68, it took hours - literally - to link and move the data, and then a long time to load when i rebooted. The C67, again, is much quicker all around.

My second SD card partition is ext2. I use Link2SD for apps, but FolderMount for data. You can use Link2SD for data as well now, but I saw warnings from a couple of other users about trying to link data with Link2SD, so I stuck with FolderMount.

One thing I have found with Link2SD - be careful which apps you link and move to external SD. For example, when I moved Button Savior, it didn't load when I rebooted my device. I had to go to the app drawer and start it manually. When I moved Google Keyboard (after making it my default keyboard), I was back to the standard keyboard the next time I booted my device.

If the app partition on my C67 was 450 MB instead of 350, I wouldn't need Link2SD at all! But so far, if you're a bit careful about what apps you move, it seems to work well.
downeaster59 is online now   Reply With Quote