View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 06:26 PM   #65
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
...I have changed a bit since I posted that too, mostly from reading the 2009 discussion on choosing categories for 2010 and having a sense of deja vu. They seemed to be having some of the same issues we are having now. I wasn't involved then (hadn't even heard of MR then), but it is eery how similar some of the complaints were. As I said in #44 above, the process then was similar to what has been going on here but with no vote at the end; pilotbob posted his proposed list after seeing a bunch of others, got some comments back, updated it a couple times and then said "This is it." I wonder if voting on this is actually hurting us rather than helping us. There are times when the democratic process just causes more hassle than necessary...
I couldn't agree more. I'd be completely fine if Tom just came up with a list and that was that, but I'm fine with whatever he wants to do. I've mellowed a lot when it comes to my opinions on the general club. I might still give them but they're not so adamant.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote