View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 04:24 PM   #54
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post

Back on topic...I think for the main book club the problem has been trying to read books that are difficult to read or depressing rather than fun books to read. I wasn't at all interested in reading Dubliners or The Grapes of Wrath in this club because they are just not fun books to read. Excellent writing and stories (so "they" say), but just not at all fun.
I have no problem with reading books that are fun, but we should probably state that somewhere if it is our goal. For instance some of the books nominated this month could be labelled "tear-jerkers" so not what I would consider fun. I would have assumed the goal is to read books that are "good" so maybe we should start with a definition of the Book Club's intention.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote