View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 08:13 AM   #120
afainber
Connoisseur
afainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Inkbook Explore
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagheera View Post
howdy,

living in turkey and bought this item from amazon. since amazon has no delivery to turkey, buying it is a real pain in the a**.

so why do i want it? because i think the e-readers with numbered reading applications are insufficient.

if you are trying to read a pdf file, you have to deal with irritating auto-crap abilities. if you want to read an epub or a mobi and your mother tongue is not english you have to deal with time-consuming dictionary usages.

does any of you, dear e-reader manufacturers, heard of a simple reading application (with dictionary support) named "zo reader"? tried it and saw how easy to make use of its dictionary support? know that how ebookdroid (which is another application) smoothly handles the pdf files?

that is why i think the e-readers with open android environment are revolutionary.

and that is why i salute arca tech. but... the reviews i read about the item are quite worrisome. the manufacturer states that the product has 4 gb of storage. but the storage that alloted to applications is limited. so;

1) is it possible to invalidate that "barrier" with rooting?

2) since i do not know how to root and am afraid of ruining the device, is it possible, for one of you guys, to do a how-to-root-guide or something like that?

thanks.

I agree with your reasoning, however you need to understand that there are disadvantages:
1. From my experience (and judging from the internet), Onyx's quality control is worse than of devices such as Kindle and Kobo. Having said that - the service of both European distributors is excellent, from my experience.
2. The out-of-the-box experience is sub-optimal, as it's assumed that you can configure everything to your liking

As for a rooting guide:
1. Download Towelroot v1 from here.
2. Copy the apk to your device.
3. Run the apk.
4. Click on the "Make it rain button".
5. Your device either reboots or shuts down (looks like it's frozen). If it does not reboot, reboot it yourself (by holding the power button for more than 10 seconds).
6. Download the SuperSU app from Google Play.
7. You're rooted
afainber is offline   Reply With Quote