View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 09:29 AM   #40
Alpha o
Addict
Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Darwin, inkBOOK Obsidian
Sorry, this didn't paste.
Kobo N905-Kbo-L Kobo Touch 6-Inch E Ink Screen
Just ordered from Amazon. Haven't received yet.

My Acer A500 holds all the books, but the 10" device is heavy and I prefer e ink for reading. The phone screen, while 5.5" is not comfortable to really read for pleasure on.
The same problem with glare.

I hope this fora has most of the answers - for the Nook, it says factory reset. For some reason, mine won't. I had B&N try to restore so I could give it to daughter. They tried for a couple of hours and it was a no-go. It still works, but I must have collected 500 books, mostly from Creative Commons license, and places like Gutenberg. I download to computer and transfer via USB. It will not accept more than 200 books at one time.

I read the specs on the KOBO and the card and reading from card is a necessity.

The Acer tablet and FB reader don't care. The phone accepts PDFs and also has no restrictions on how many. The NP service puts out free guide info, and there are also free roadlogs for travel, mostly in PDF. I have The Illustrated Guide to Astronomical Wonders which is an 82M PDF file. ( I bought it from scientific book publisher) As I said before, glare and backlit are a problem and tablet gets heavy after while.

I dislike being a marketing statistic. I have an Android phone, so I only use Google Play store for apps. I have a Windows computer, so I want nothing extra from MS. I have not bought ebooks from Amazon, B&N or Google. There's Booksamillion and a few other independents that I will buy from. Baen and Double Dragon sell. I'm not just hunting free books. I store all books on an external HD for backup.

Last edited by Alpha o; 01-21-2015 at 09:35 AM.
Alpha o is offline   Reply With Quote