View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 03:23 AM   #34
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
FREE/BARGAIN - Science Fiction, Fantasy - 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
It's genie in English. Roughly translated.

Genie reminds me of Disney version of the mythological creature, all benevolent and just waiting for you to rub that lamp and make a wish.

Jinni or djinni is much more closer to the original meaning of badass mof that are fire and air beings in Arabic mythology. They are just one class under the class of angels. Ifrits and Ghouls are types of jinni for example. And very dangerous types for that matter. Ghouls meaning has changed in the west, but originally they are not what you think they are.

Maybe it's just me but Disney has forever ruined genie for me. Ironically there's no magic there. It's too safe.