Thread: Dictionary FAQ
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 08:01 AM   #86
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgorton View Post
I have long used the excellent Larousse Spanish-Spanish dictionary on my old Kindle Touch. Now I have a shiny new Kindle Paperwhite and all my books transferred fine.
Calibre cannot handle Kindle dictionaries. If you convert them with Calibre, they'll be converted to regular Kindle books, which is not what you want.
Simply copy them directly to the \document\dictionaries folder on your new PW.
(You'll have to DeDRM them, if they're DRM-protected and you don't want to register your new PW with Amazon.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote