View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 04:00 PM   #6
varlog
actually it is /var/log
varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post

I don't understand ... how do you know your patch will be rejected without trying? Is it unsound in some way? Is there some evident problem? Does it cause an instability? If so, you probably should not be posting the patch at all.
I haven't noticed any problems or instabilities. The patch works exactly as I wanted it to - and, as long as it does, I won't be working on it. I have to have some time to use it .
To propose it upstream, with clear conscience, I will have to (as I see it) integrate it with "Add Existing Files" - which brings many problems and a lot of code with it. I know, because it was my first try.

In short: as far as I can judge the patch is sound but not elegant and generic enough for upstream. As the one who wrote it, I consider myself competent enough to judge it .

I hope it clears this issue.

Last edited by varlog; 11-07-2014 at 04:07 PM.
varlog is offline   Reply With Quote