View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 02:58 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I like Amazon. They're bent over backwards to be fair with me. They deliver exactly as the promise and when they promise. Their guarantees are actually guarantees.
No, they don't always keep their delivery date. Something was ordered here during the Columbus weekend to be delivered rush to arrive on Tuesday. Well, at 2:30pm on Tuesday, they were just preparing it to be shipped. It did not arrive until Wednesday and when it did arrive, it was left as the door without anyone ringing the bell as Someone was home when it was delivered.

This is atrocious service. All the notice at Amazon showed was that it was due to be delivered on time with no tracking. So we contacted Amazon via the online chat and the girl assured us it would make it on time even though it was't actually out for shipping and it was 5.5 hours from when it was due to arrive at the latest and that the fulfillment center was no place near enough to be able to even get it here by plane in time.

I asked her "Do you honestly think it will arrive on time?". And she said yes. That's really bad service. I would rather she have said, it's not yet shipped and will arrive the next day instead of lying to me and telling me it would arrive when I know full well there was no hope in hell of it making it here in time.

So please don't say Amazon always keeps their promises/delivery dates as they don't and they are known to even lie about it right to your face.

Yes, we did get the cost for the shipping back, but that's not the point. The point is they lied to us when it was not possible at all to get it here in time.

How the heck does Amazon think a delivery can be made when the place it starts is a a few states away, it's 5.5 hours until it's late, and it's not even finished being packed?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote