View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #69
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That's exactly my point.

The thing I would like to see is a comparison of the Voyage screen to the H2O screen when the lights are off (H2O) and at the lowest level (Voyage) and see how they compare. One reason I think Amazon is not turning off the light is because it would not look as good because of the capacitance touch layer.
Regardless of the layer I have on my readers, capacitive or IR, I never want to turn the light off. All unlighted ereaders have dark screens (the background) I much prefer the whiteness that comes from the light layer.

It's as true for the KK as it is for my PW2, the only time I'm ever happy with an unlighted screen is in direct bright sunlight, and in the UK we don't get that much, plus when we do I'm hiding inside in the shade.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote