View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 01:35 AM   #69
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by finitelife View Post
I am really glad I found this thread! I've been using most of this on my PW1 for a few days now.

So I've edited all of these scripts (I'm a big whitespace hater) and I thought you might appreciate a few of my extension changes (comments removed for simplicity);

- - - - -

Anyways, use, don't use, or tell me why I'm wrong

Oh yeah, and the attached file is a menu.json that turns off the PW1/2 front light when the user sets it to 0 using the menu. Its completely self-contained.
An **extremely bad idea** (tm).

There isn't a text file reading application that can not skip whitespace and its comment syntax fast and efficiently.

The human mind needs that whitespace, its structure and the comments for comprehension, both now and in the future.
Particularly in the future.

An example of whitespace structure and code comprehensibility:
http://www.ioccc.org/2004/gavin.c

In case that program isn't immediately obvious;
A snippet of the author's comments:
Quote:
This is a 32-bit multitasking operating system for x86 computers, with GUI and filesystem, support for loading and executing user applications in elf binary format, with ps2 mouse and keyboard drivers, and vesa graphics. And a command shell. And an application - a simple text-file viewer.
And no, it wasn't written by Lab126's Java department.

- - - - -

Don't have a C compiler handy?
Here is one:
http://www.ioccc.org/2001/bellard.c
Let your mind dwell on that one for awhile.

(By the author of Tiny-C Compiler (tcc) )

Last edited by knc1; 10-02-2014 at 01:59 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote