View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 05:40 AM   #1
MarekGibek
Zealot
MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Android for Kobo v2 - improved reading mode

Hi!

If anyone is in doubt if Android can fully replace original Kobo software for reading I did a few changes to give you best reading experience!
  1. Modified version of coolreader3 has full screen refreshes after (configurable) number of page turns. No more "ghosts" during reading!!
  2. You can modify any other open source reader software (like FBReader) to behave the same - to know how to do it just look at my changes to coolreader on git-hub.
  3. For not open sourced software (MoonReader etc.) - there is a new option in the kobo service (you can open kobo service using "photo" button) to enable/disable full refreshes for every screen update. It works pretty good when reading (no ghosts) but is very disturbing in other places (too much flickering).
  4. Experimental monochrome and monochrome dithered modes.
  5. USB Mass-storage support.

Sample SD card images:
Note! There may be accidentally left commercial software in the sample images for which you may not have license so either buy it, uninstall it or replace it with a free version.

Source codes:
Look at my changes to CoolReader3 and make your favorite Android application e-Ink optimized !!!

Last edited by MarekGibek; 08-07-2014 at 05:45 AM.
MarekGibek is offline   Reply With Quote