View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 07:12 AM   #123
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Thanks for the info Harry. When all is said and done I won't risk buying from Amazon while i can get a guarenteed DRM free book, in mobi and epub, elsewhere.
Just checked a random book from dreamspinner, and on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kinds-Tied-D.../dp/B00LILB7F2

Product details

Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 1092 KB
Print Length: 282 pages
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press; 1 edition (3 July 2014)
Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
Language: English
ASIN: B00LILB7F2
Text-to-Speech: Enabled
X-Ray: Not Enabled

It's no risk for you as long as you check for that "Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited" line in the product details. The book is guaranteed to be DRM free if it's there. When a book has DRM, there is no mention of Simultaneous Device Usage in the product details, that line is conspicuous by its complete absence!

Though if you are happy buying direct from the publisher sites, no reason for you to change.

Last edited by soulfuldog; 08-03-2014 at 07:14 AM.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote