View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 10:00 AM   #74
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST-One View Post
And still you'd have lost 200 € via the re-purchase of the books; money you could have spent in the cinema, the restaurant or on your trip.
We're turning in circles, but I've got time .

When reading at night in the hotel, I certainly wouldn't start downloading on the PC, stripping from DRM, importing into calibre and so on.
So I would have to process my entire library in advance, not just the 20 books I else may have to buy double per year.
Then we end up with the 40+ hours I had extrapolated in post #61 for my library of 2500 purchased books.
40+ hours for "saving" € 200?
Your argument was, those 40+ hours couldn't be considered, because nobody would pay me for them.
But that's too limited a view.
First of all: If I "work" in calibre, I as well could do some "real" work = write an email, make some call or whatever.
Second of all: I could find other areas of cost optimizations. For example, in 40+ hours I could plan my next 20+ business trips and save manifold on hotels, tickets and stuff.

40+ hours for fun? Great! I'm spending more time every single week with my gadgets without ever considering dividends.
40+ hours for "saving" € 200? Doesn't compute.
But to each his own calculation...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote