Thread: !@#$ YOU KOBO
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 09:51 AM   #14
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
I frequently see people make comments like this, but I'm left scratching my head because I have never had an over-the-air update go awry on either my or my wife's Kobo Touch, or now with my Kobo Aura. I can't figure out what people are doing to make this process go wrong.
The very first update after I got my Kobo Glo was messed up. The reader would continually show "updating" and you'd sit and watch the battery drain 1% every minute or so because of it. The update file was downloaded, but wouldn't install, it would just sit there. After resetting the device with a paperclip to get back functions, I had to move it the file to my computer, unzip it and move the contents back to the reader, and then it would update.

Now however, I found a firmware I love with minimal bugs and never use the wi-fi so it won't update.

Be thankful you haven't run into any of the updating glitches that can happen.

But back to the OP's issue, I just created a dummy Kobo account that I use on the reader. I don't have an account with any credit card info listed in case I lose my reader so anyone picking it up can't log in and go crazy buying books at my expense. Since I never use the wi-fi, I never even see suggested book titles.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 07-24-2014 at 09:55 AM.