View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 06:48 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geremia View Post
I wonder why restoring the database takes so long. I have about 1300 titles. And Calibre only uses <5% of my CPU when restoring.
what theducks wrote

I just rebuilt a database for a 986 book library in 2m 51s. I used Calibre 1.30 (64bit), Windows 7-SP1, internal hard disk, NTFS. According to the Windows Resources monitor the 1st stage (quickest for me) was more cpu intensive than the other 2 stages, the 2nd and 3rd stages were Disk IO bound with very low CPU usage.

Which version of calibre are you using ?
Which OS are you using ?
On what media is your library stored ?
Which file system is it?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote