View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 11:36 AM   #1
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Arrow Coward's Rescue Pack Addon

I've got a new Paperwhite 2 and I can't wait to do nasty things to that poor device.
Therefore I made this addon that should make the Kindle as brick-proof as possible.

It is called Coward's Rescue Pack Addon and it should be installed after ixtab's Rescue Pack.

It's purpose is simple - whenever USB power connection is detected during boot, Kindle reboots in diags mode.
The probe is done as early as possible and does not require userstore.
The downside is you will get to diags if you forget yourself and reboot while the device is charging.

Credits to ixtab for his Rescue Pack.

EDIT: Should work on PW1 as well from version 2

----

NOTE: If you're looking for something working on newer devices, try the one in NiLuJe's snapshots thread. -- NiLuJe
Attached Files
File Type: zip crpa_2.zip (3.8 KB, 1064 views)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-06-2016 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Link to my snapshots for the wave of newcomers with Wario devices
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote