View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 02:14 PM   #17
drachasor
Connoisseur
drachasor began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosst Amojan
3. Not made by damn dirty commies, I don't buy chinese products, period. I don't care how much they pretend to be capitalists, any success on their part still supports their government.
There are pretty good reasons to believe that the more China becomes part of the global economy in terms of trade, capital flow, etc, the greater effect more liberal* ideas will have on their country. Hence you are supporting the current administration's existence more by not buying anything made in China.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that China is a great place at the moment or anything like that. It has a long way to go, but it will only be able to get there one step at a time. We have to do what we can to encourage it to take those steps.

-Drachasor

*I know some people might take me to task for using the term "liberal" here, since Communism is often associated with the left wing. However, China is more of an Oligarchy or Authoritarianism than it is anything approaching a real Communism (which probably couldn't exist with humans as they are now anyhow). If this talk about "liberal" doesn't make a lot of sense to you, dear reader, then you probably aren't an American (as I believe we use the term a fair bit differently than our friends overseas).
drachasor is offline   Reply With Quote