View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 06:22 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcartes View Post
What I was wondering was, whether it would read satisfactorily material from Project Gutenberg, which is mostly in HTML format. Do I need to convert it, or would it load up in decent layout without my having to process it?
It would be ok, but not perfect. It probably depends on the HTML. Your best bet would probably be to convert the HTML to LRF using calibre.

That said, many public domain books are available from other sources with much better formatting and in the Sony file format. The best of these would be right here in our ebook d/l section and also at feedbooks.com. Manybooks.net is a close 3rd... they seem to have alot that the other two dont, but the formatting is not always as good.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote