Thread: MobileRead Online book club?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 08:00 PM   #52
PsyDocJoanne
Loves her 505 and her Z4!
PsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
After considering everyone's suggestions (thanks to all of you, because this idea incorporates most folks' thoughts in some way!), I had an idea that I think will work well for choosing books. It allows us to get an opportunity to read within a lot of different genres, incorporates MobileRead's library, and gives authors who read and post here a chance to share their work with us.

Each month, a thread will be posted to solicit suggestions for the next month's book, and once all suggestions are in, we'll take a poll. However, your suggestions will need to fall within the guidelines for that month's content.

Here's what I propose:

November
Fiction--A Passage to India, by E.M. Forster

December
MobileRead Classic (can be any genre, but must be a classic and must be available in our library)

January
Science Fiction (can be from anywhere, including our library)

February
MobileRead Contemporary (can be any genre, but must be contemporary and must be available in our library)

March
Nonfiction (can be from anywhere, including our library)

April
MobileRead Author (must be a book from an author who frequents MobileRead)

May
Horror (can be from anywhere, including our library)

June
MobileRead Classic

July
Humor (can be from anywhere, including our library)

August
MobileRead Contemporary

September
Mystery (can be from anywhere, including our library)

October
MobileRead Author

What do you all think?