Thread: MobileRead Online book club?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 05:34 PM   #51
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickon25 View Post
Conversely, commentary on why people like a book can be invaluable. Often, the comments may give you another way of looking at a book, and a means of grasping the story you didn't have before, enabling you to go back and appreciate a book you previously didn't care for.

Fair comment, I hadn't thought of it like that. As long as the Book of the Month isn't Ulysses, or anything else by James Joyce I should be fine.
[Pause for Joyce fans to wade in..........]
Im NOT a James Joyce fan.........but I would read the book if it was chosen. Just to see if it was as God awful as I remembered.........