Thread: MobileRead Online book club?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #47
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickon25 View Post
Count me in too, but what happens if you hate the book after the first couple of chapters? Do you have to 'fess up' and take a pummelling from the boards??
Speaking personally, I wouldn't pummel you.

But I would hope for a reasoned response as to why you didn't like it, and why it didn't work for you.

Conversely, commentary on why people like a book can be invaluable. Often, the comments may give you another way of looking at a book, and a means of grasping the story you didn't have before, enabling you to go back and appreciate a book you previously didn't care for.
______
Dennis