Thread: MobileRead Online book club?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 03:37 PM   #28
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyDocJoanne View Post
>Or, members could take turns choosing the book for the following month? That way all genres are covered........just a thought.

Awesome idea! That would take a lot of back-and-forth right out of the equation, and everyone would get their chance to choose a book.
The only things I'm not sure about are what we would do if we had a relatively fluid group of people (i.e. people coming and going each month), or a situation where we had a lot of people (say, 25 or more...because then you might not get to pick a book for as much as 2 years!).
I'm glad that people are tossing out suggestions like this...and now is the time for us to work out the kinks, so keep the suggestions coming!
Maybe a commitment would be required to be in the 'choose a book' category? Or would that be too binding to some?