Thread: MobileRead Online book club?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 03:02 PM   #19
Richard Herley
Author
Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
BOb, I'm not being entirely altruistic, of course, because this would be a great way to get my publishing model better known. One advantage is that the book would cost nothing to read, and is available in just about every format, including plain ASCII text. There are six to choose from, one a prize-winner, and even the "SF" title (Refuge) might appeal to the general reader. The one I'd recommend is The Penal Colony. That has action and adventure underpinned with reflections on the role of the individual in society, so there would be plenty to discuss.

Anyway, as I say, just a thought. Whether or not the group goes for it, I'd be interested in participating too. You get much more out of reading if you have a chance to discuss the work with others: a deeper insight and new perspectives. Reading is a creative as well as a passive activity; your technique can always be improved.