View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #6
Chris Jones
Addict
Chris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five words

Device: none
I came across your feature peeker quite by accident and though I hadn't realized... it's definitely something I felt I was missing all along.

Makes me think you might contemplate making a condensed version available--no need to inform (in English) folks that are able to evaluate the rendering of Greek that Greek is what they're looking at (e.g.) if you get my meaning-- that would in a broad sense be the equivalent of the web browser acid tests--without the PASS/FAIL stuff or the 100/100 markings naturally... more along the lines of... this is what you're getting vs. this is what you're supposed to get...

What I had in mind would be in the form of an epub (since it's the standard..) comprising a few pages with no comments, just the actual stuff to be rendered (drocaps, small caps, subscripts, horizontal rules, tones of gray, svg's, script samples, etc.) to be loaded onto a reader that someone evaluating conformance and rendering capabilities et al. could look at side-by-side with a PDF reference either on a PC... tablet.. or even another e-reader..

Not sure I'm making sense, but I was thinking of something that might even become popular with folks that review new e-readers when they hit the market giving them a quick way of evaluating the capabilities of the device... rather than stating like all the other guys that the new paperwhite is definitely much much whiter than the old paperwhite..

Since it's their standard, perhaps the folks at the IDPF might even show an interest..?
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote