View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
STIPPPOX
STIPPPOX began at the beginning.

Device: NONE
Kindle Paperwhite 2 or Kobo Aura

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for my first e-reader and have two main options, but need a little help with the choice The devices are Kobo Aura and PW2. I'll use the reader mainly for e-books, but also for some architectural pdf-s.The books are on my PC, so I don't care about customer ecosystem. Against Calibre all formats are equal and this doesn't matter, too. I live in Bulgaria, EU and the reader will be bought from UK or Germany online and hope it the quality will be good enough- a return to UK would be expensive.
I watched many reviews, but still can't make my choice- http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...e-paperwhite-2 for example.

Kobo- better build quality, better tehn specs (1Gb vs 256 Mb RAM), better form factor and light for night reading , faster pdf rendering, card slot, more fonts.

Kindle-new gen e-ink display and better contrast for naked eye on the videos, many useful options especially for pdfs, more text on the display with the smallest font (smaller margins, spacing and borders)

I hope didn't annoy you with my noob questions and bad English. Thanks in advance for all help and comments
STIPPPOX is offline   Reply With Quote