Thread: Literary Rotating Nominations
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #50
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't think they will be all over the list, but for every American nomination that appears on the list (and more than likely in te Pulitzer list) it is one other book we won't hear of. That is my only concern. While I believe most awards are just the in-crowd patting each other on the back sometimes I do like hearing names and even countries I may not pay much attention to some days.

I also haven't been overwhelmed by the Pulitzer's I've read recently. In fact most award winners have been pretty lame for me. I did enjoy Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha. I think that's the best of the award winners I've read in a while.

It does bring up an interesting discussion for me, especially since I'm thinking of award winners as part of my guide to reading selections for next year.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote