Thread: Literary Rotating Nominations
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Rotating Nominations

Help us select what the MR Literary Club will read for its Rotating months!

In these months, we’ll take turns choosing the selections to be put to the vote. The idea is that everyone will take a turn at some point.

As far as who goes when, I think we’re a small enough and amenable enough group that I’d like to leave it up to us. I don’t think we need to plan too far ahead. I see something like us simply keeping a running discussion going here, and when I ask people can volunteer for an upcoming month.

Whoever’s turn it is can simply post your selections here once I ask for them on the first of the month.

The only requirements for the selections are that they are literary, that none have been the monthly selection of either book club yet and that they number at least four. That’s it, pretty simple. Any questions, just ask!

I feel like we know and respect each other so I’m confident that these rotating months will be filled with good, interesting selections. The idea is for these months to be comfortable and fun for members. I want everyone to feel like it’s simply part of the club to have a turn at some point, and no big deal since everyone will have a go, and trust that the atmosphere in the club will be to treat each person’s Rotating selections with positivity and respect.

What is literature for the purposes of this club? A superior work of lasting merit that enriches the mind. Often it is important, challenging, critically acclaimed. It may be from ancient times to today; it may be from anywhere in the world; it may be obscure or famous, short or long; it may be a story, a novel, a play, a poem, an essay or another written form.

So, the first month, August, is now approaching. I wouldn’t mind going first as the test pilot, in case anything needs adjusting, but if anyone else would like to go in August instead, I don’t mind so let me know!

Volunteers by month-

2018 June, -rest-
2018 April, -rest-
2018 February, -rest-
2017 December, sun surfer
2017 October, Bookworm_Girl
2017 August, Spinnenmonat
2017 June, Bookpossum
2017 April, bfisher
2017 February, fantasyfan
2016 December, Retrospective -reset-
2016 October, Bookworm_Girl
2016 August, sun surfer
2016 June, fantasyfan
2016 April, Spinnenmonat
2016 February, Bookpossum
2015 December, bfisher
2015 October, Retrospective -reset-
2015 August, ccowie
2015 June, caleb72
2015 April, paola
2015 February, HomeInMyShoes
2014 December, Billi
2014 October, Bookworm_Girl
2014 August, desertblues
2014 June, issybird
2014 April, Hamlet53
2014 February, BelleZora
2013 December, fantasyfan
2013 October, Bookpossum
2013 August, sun surfer

Last edited by sun surfer; 06-26-2017 at 12:02 PM.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote