Thread: Literary Short Vote • June 2013
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #5
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
That was hard!
Yes, that was hard. My new strategy is to vote for half of the books; so I voted for a Free State, being from a country that used to have colonies, myself (he,he, who in Europe isn't.....) so I am intrigued by the African stories of Naipaul, where in the nomination is quoted " No writer has rendered our boundariless, post-colonial world more acutely"

And I voted After the Quake which I nominated myself

My last vote was for Foster The Celestial Omnibus who, as in the nomination was written, "The humanist has four leading characteristics: curiosity, a free mind, belief in good taste, and belief in the human race,” Forster said."
hmmm, I would rather see myself as a humanist, I think

Having voted: I would read all books, but there's no use in voting for all, I thought; I bought the Oil jar and the Celestial omnibus (well, €1,89 and €0,99 I think).

Last edited by desertblues; 06-04-2013 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Clarifying the colonies, humanist and editing sloppy grammar, excuses
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote