View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I really haven't come across that many examples of it to notice it. Usually in the books I read, especially the romances, I really wish they would use it more often. I've reached the point where I view authors who include chapter after chapter of descriptive sex as cheats who add it as a ploy to up the word count of a book and to try to increase sales, and I usually just skim through those pages because they normally add nothing to the storyline and merely serve as filler.

Though I do agree that ending a scene with "it was beyond words" is just poor writing and shows a lack of imagination and skill on the author's part, especially when I've read authors who've summed up an experience succinctly within a paragraph or even a sentence or two.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote