View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
seacity1
Zealot
seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.

Device: Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014 Edition,Nook HD+, Nook Color, Nook ST & Ipad3
Not all sideloaded books show up

I have Calibre Companion setup to scan for books on my device (Nook HD+) upon connection. The only books that show up on the device & in Calibre are those I have loaded since installing CC. These books are stored on the device in the Calibre Companion folder. However, I have a great many other books I sideloaded from Calibre prior to installation. These are stored in a folder called "Books."

When I attach my device to my laptop by USB the books sideloaded pre CC install (stored in the "Books" folder) DO show up in Calibre. Those loaded with Calibre Companion & stored in the Calibre Companion folder do not.

Short of deleting the pre CC books from my device & reloading them using CC is there any way to fix this? (eg force CC to scan both folders). At present there is no option to tell CC which folders to scan.

To work around this issue I created a column in Calibre where I manually check off the books that are on the device from both sources. (drop down yes/no option). I had set this column up pre CC so I could see what was on the device when the the USB cable was not attached.

Last edited by seacity1; 05-13-2013 at 03:12 PM.
seacity1 is offline   Reply With Quote