Thread: Aura HD Kobo Aura HD
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #61
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I've seen one ebook from Apple where the cover image was close to 90% of the book size. Yes, it looked better when I looked at the cover image on my iPad but overall, was the change worthwhile? Not really.

Just for the heck of it, I converted a 4000x6000 image of decorative cherry blossoms to a 1400x2100 image. Dropping the jpeg quality to 75% when saving gave me a 185KB file. The original image clocked in at 13.4MB but then the camera is set to maximize quality when saving .jpg format -- I have to justify having dual 32GB cards in the camera somehow.
Like I said. Many have unreasonable sized covers, but I think 100kb or less is unrealistic for many images. That doesn't mean that I think 1-2MB is a good idea, just that by saying 100kb or less is where we should be is too low (I'd say 200-500 is more realistic when all's said and done). Of course I'm kind of picky and can't stand pixelated images on a high rez screen I deal with images all day long and too low of a resolution or too compressed an image just gets to me so I have a hard time "throwing out" too much.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 04-15-2013 at 10:38 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote