View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #5
Chris Jones
Addict
Chris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five words

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
You just want the book files on the ereader, not any of the other stuff. An rsync would transfer everything, which I don't think you would want. Not all ereaders have sd card slots, or the ability to display folder structure, which you find in Calibre.
Thanks..! I mentioned rsync, because the idea would be to synchronize the files on the PC's HD with the contents of the SD card, rather than copy 3GB's worth every time I add a couple of books. Come to think of it, this raises another issue.. I'll have to run a test to verify that I can have all my .epub's in one flat directory and replace the .epub files currently in the Calibre library by soft links with the same names pointing to the actual files. I don't see any reason why Calibre would have any problem with that.. SQLite might, though..
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote