View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 04:50 AM   #25
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOGGS75 View Post
Hi

I have a kinlde touch and have tried to create a AZW3 file instead of a MOBI to get rid of some formatting problems with an ebook I created.

Calibre converts to AZW3 successfully I think but does not list it as a format that can be sent to the device? I have tried changing the extension of the file selected to AZW but this makes no difference.

Has anyone else had this problem with Calibre?

Cheers
You need to check the "AZW3" box in Calibre's Kindle driver. By default it's not enabled.

To do this, select "Preferences", then navigate to "Plug-ins", "Device interface plug-ins", select the "Kindle 2/3/4/Touch" item, and click the "Customise plug-in" button. You'll see a list of formats that can be sent to the Kindle; check "AZW3", then click "OK" to save the changes.

You may need to restart Calibre for the change to take effect, but you should then find that you can send AZW3 files to your Kindle.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by HarryT; 08-10-2012 at 05:20 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote