View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
I know of three credit card companies that offer "virtual credit cards", Bank of America, Citi, and Discover. Both BoA and Citi allow you to set the credit limit and expiration date of the virtual credit card, Discover uses the credit limit and expiration date of the real credit card. In all three cases, the virtual credit card can only be used with one merchant. I have been able to use one virtual credit card from BoA to pay several different eBay sellers via PayPal, so PayPal is considered the merchant of record.

I normally use virtual credit cards for all of my internet purchases, and I set the credit limit to be just above the purchase amount, and unless it's a company I buy from often, I set the expiration date to 2 months, which is the shortest expiration date allowed.

If there are other credit card companies supporting virtual credit cards, please post.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote