View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #115
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
I don't remember the ASR-33 having lower case (the ones DEC sold anyway); although the ASR-35 did, it cost a lot more.

I was probably older than I should have been when I realised why plugs were always male and sockets always female... It was before the days of RSMA abominations.
The teletype I remember could well have been an ASR-35, rather than a -33. It was in my Dad's office at home when I was 6. I believe that I've mentioned learning to do arithmetic on it (via the Arpanet from University of Utah to a computer at BB&N in the Boston area). So my memory of the specific model number's a bit hazy.

Xenophon
(who really HAS been on the 'net since it consisted of 4 computers, total. That's end systems, not counting IMPs and the like)
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote