View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #4
capnm
Groupie
capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
If I use something like rsync for an entire library, can I then copy something from one library to another, after they're both on the same computer, and working under Calibre?
Easy. Right-click on the book(s), Copy-to-Library

Quote:
And yeah, cross platform would be nice. My stuff is a mix of Linux, Mac, and Windows (mostly Linux though).
Then presumably you're already aware of the occasional hiccups involved in passing stuff around cross-platform. So go ahead.

As long as you are doing all your 'library management' on one 'master' copy of the library, and making/syncing other copies for read-only use (perusing, sending to devices, etc) it's trivially easy and robust.

People get in trouble when they want to *manage* their library from/in two different places without thinking carefully about potential conflicts.
capnm is offline   Reply With Quote