View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 11:21 PM   #64
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjoeblow View Post
As imsoawesome noted, I have the same BUG with menu items not being properly recognized with one press.

Eg, from Home screen - tap Home, then Library - Library gets hilighted black, but then just sits there locked, until I press it again, Then it goes to the Library, but has the second press in the buffer, and executes that second press right after, and actually opens the book that was under where the press was made.

Does exactly the same thing from Library when I press the View button, and the select one of the 3 options - the option selected turns black, and the device sits there until the choice is pressed again, then it changes the view, and opens executes the second press on the book that is at the bottom right, opening it.

I trust others will report the same, and I hope that the Kobo Dev's will release 1.9.17 IMMEDIATELY with this fixed, as it is a major pain!

Thank you

OH, and while you're at it, please add another option to the menu for the new new bar at the bottom of the home screen called HIDE, so one can turn it off. I have no use for it as many others and would like it gone.

The REAL Joe
I have repeatedly said those same things in the beta group. I have add this double tap bug since the first alpha release. I have told the dev twice about this. And I have reverted back to 1.9.14 since then. Since I see this was not fixed in the final release I will be staying at 1.9.14.

I also hate the bottom bar and a lot of people asked to have an option to disable it, but all we got was the shortlist option. It is not bad, but an option to disable it would really be appreciated.

I am getting fed up that every bug we find and what we tell them is not a good idea is simply ignored. I am happy that there are persons that are in the same boat has me, maybe then someone will listen.

But I am starting to think that it is not really the dev fault that we cannot disable it, it might someone higher up that decided this. So that they can have better sales, it is even more obvious that it was pushed just before Christmas. When it was said earlier that the dev where not thinking of a new update before it.

And to think I recommended the Kobo to my boss for his girlfriend Christmas gift, and she will have no choice to update to this horrible update when setting up her new Kobo.
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote