View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 07:11 AM   #10
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
For the record, it is easy to sideload books on to the Kindle. You plug in the USB cord and drag and drop. Easy Peasy.

If you are comfortable with stripping DRM then either will work for you. If you want to borrow books from the library then you should probably go with the Kobo.
Since vrain appears to have no difficulty stripping DRM and using Calibre, then I see no particular preference for Kobo over Kindle for library books. I use my Provincial library system for eBooks all the time, and the workflow is essentially the same as my normal workflow.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote