View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 07:13 PM   #70
Kevin8or
Guru
Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Eh? Oh, I didn't mean to argue anything. I was just having fun thinking out loud about the choices. If I had slowed down and thought twice, I wouldn't have written, "Yeah, Canticle should be disqualified." In fact, I would love to read A Canticle For Leibowitz. I thought it was out of the running because:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But you do know that Fuzzy Nation is part of a series and not book one? That basically leaves it out of the running. The other is only available in large print PDF or large print mobi from one store and I have no idea if there are geographic restrictions or not. So in order to get a good read out of A Canticle For Leibowitz, you'd have to buy the mobi, strip the DRM and possibly convert as the PDF is not going to read well and the mobi won't work on any reader. So really, both of these books I hope are out of the running due to the issues mentioned.
I was reading and writing carelessly, and I apologize if I tweaked you in any way. Call it a case of foot-in-mouth disease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8or View Post
[Kevin8or wonders what the elders will say.]
I do not wonder, since the selection has already been qualified and approved.
My wondering, here, was whether we'd buy large-print e-books, or whether there'd be a wink and nod to your suggestion of googling our way to a free normal-sized copy. (I had done as you suggested and googled on "A Canticle For Leibowitz e-book". The 3rd result was a free .epub download, but the legality was dubious.)

Anyway, cheers and a happy week-end.
Kevin8or is offline   Reply With Quote