View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 07:09 AM   #65
Kevin8or
Guru
Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But are you sure you picked the best book? I know I'm sure I did. So please don't PM unless you picked the same book as me.
Ha. I was just about to pick that book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But you do know that Fuzzy Nation is part of a series and not book one? That basically leaves it out of the running. The other is only available in large print PDF or large print mobi from one store
Oh, or maybe I wasn't.

Yeah, Canticle should be disqualified. A Shame. Fuzzy Nation, though, is re-boot of an old series, according to the reiviews. A different author took the same world and some of the same characters, but created a very different story with them. It's a new beginning, and there's no need to read the old series.

OTHOH, Fuzzy Nation is a new release. Others on the list are heavy hitters that have won awards or stood the test of time. In that vein, there's Hyperion (Hugo Award) and Halting State (Hugo Nominee) and others that I won't name cuz I've read them and don't want them to win. This Perfect Day is very highly rated, but ATM I'm not excited by the notion of 1984 on anabolic steroids.

So. Hyperion, a classic sci-fi favorite. Halting State, a recent shining star. Fuzzy Nation, a new release that looks fun & relevant but hasn't earned the credibility that comes with awards and staying power.

Last edited by Kevin8or; 10-23-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Kevin8or is offline   Reply With Quote