View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 12:00 PM   #73
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
i've felt that i'd not been around here long enough to participate in this voting discussion, but i do have a few questions/thoughts. how is it that some folks post that they can tell who voted for which book? i can't see how to do that. as to the ability to see the current results, could it be made to not show the bar chart to you till after you have voted? then the running results couldn't sway your vote.

and maybe some folks are taking this discussion a bit to seriously?
Just click on one of the vote tally numbers in the results and it will show you who voted for what.

I don't think it's an issue of public vs private votes... it's more of an issue of the results being viewable PRIOR to the polls closing. In US elections you can't see a running tally of the votes for the very reason that it CAN sway voting because people don't like to back a looser.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote