View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 05:52 PM   #292
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcooke66 View Post
Simple - Usability. Most users want something easy to understand geeks love geeky things like setting the point size of a font. Most users would find that confusing compared to a graphic with 6 font sizes and a few margin sizes displayed with a graphic.

I never understood why everyone is so picky abut the fonts. We all read paper books without complaint and never had any choices, now that we have this great device with all these options we have to pick that to death. never mind, that is human nature as well.

I just pick my favorite font, select the margin and font size most comfortable and read.

As far as the designers of e readers they target the majority of users which always means trade offs.

I agree some people on this forum make reading far more difficult and complicated than it needs to be.

Last edited by boswd; 07-11-2011 at 05:58 PM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote