View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 01:05 PM   #3
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
True, but this device is more appealing for two reasons:

1. It's not a phone. The Echo's two 3.5" screens are an interesting feature, but I'm not entirely convinced that they are useful for that kind of device. I'd much rather have a slide-out keyboard.

2. It's not a 14" mutant freak $1000 laptop running Windows 7. While I love my little T91MT touchscreen netbook, Windows 7 has basically the least touch-friendly interface in the planet. Also, I would never buy a laptop with a larger than 12" screen. I can't even wrap my mind around the Acer Iconia - what would I do with two monstrous 14" touchscreens?

I think the two 5.5" screens is probably the right way to go (two 7" would be ever better). I'm curious how they implement the software for it. I'm still waiting for somebody to correctly integrate two screens. Currently, the early reviews state that the space between the hinges is too large, and the built-in applications don't take full advantage of the technology.
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote