View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #38
spellbanisher
Guru
spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle keyboard, kindle fire hd, S4, Nook hd+
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
then educate yourself on the features, use the device then come back with your posts.
Read your post's again they are written through your kindle glasses, which is OK to a certain degree, it's your favorite ereader but don't talk about things you don't know and worse act like an expert in it.
When have I acted like an expert on anything? I have commented on the Nook classic, which I used to own, and everything I have stated about the Nook touch (except for my mistake on search) are known features of the device, such as the PDF capabilities.

Also, you fail to see why your posts are so abrasive. It has nothing to do with your bias for the nook, it has to do with the way you relate to people who have a different bias than your own. It is okay to disagree. It is okay to be biased. But that doesn't mean you can't be civil.

Quote:
all 6 inch ereader are poor PDF readers, some make it less painful then others. but it's really only the PDF's that contain graphs, pictures, maps etc.
but novels that are PDF's then that's a whole different ball of wax. Then 6 inch ereaders aren't bad at all. In fact the nook's PDF's with text reflow makes reading old out of copyright PDF's actually better than the kindles.
This is a red herring. If you watch the reviews that I have posted, it is demonstrated that the Nook Touch lacks PDF features. The fact that all 6inch ereaders are poor pdf readers is irrelevant.

Quote:
it's webbrowser. Again this wasn't some sort of " yes let's fool the world and tell them we don't have a web browser but yet put one Mhhoowwwwhaaaaa *evil laugh* Now Pinky go get my laser we are taking over the world."
This is a straw man. You take everything I say and try to blow it up in the most extreme way possible. Again with the failed reading comprehension. My point was, has been, and continues to be that B&N fails when it comes to attention to detail, that their efforts are normally half-assed, that they tack on features for marketing reasons so they can say that their reader has the same features that other readers have, even though their version of the features are often qualitatively inferior. The point about the browser was to note how lazy B&N is, and how they focus more on marketing than user experience. They could have removed the browser, or they could have made it functional, but it is clear that all they really did was port the Nook Color Os to the Touch and then claim that they "designed" the Nook Touch specifically for optimal reading experience. I have no problem with this claim as long as they back it up with an attention to detail that indicates that the reader was actually designed for optimal reading experience, and not just a port from another device. I never said that this was some diabolical scheme; I was noting how lazy and deceptive B&N is. The diabolical tend to be brilliant and ambitious; the folks running B&N are neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd
The said it doesn't have a webbrower for suring the net ect. now yes it has something but again stop and think for a minute and ok it must have one because how else would I link to the bookstore and the social networking functions. But no there are correct they don't have a full functioning web browser.
Again, this is another red herring. It is universally accepted that "webbrowser" means the ability to surf the web, not simply the ability to buy from a store. Just because it can link to the bookstore and has social networking functions does not necessarily mean that it has a webbrowser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd
but it's not this some sort of let's fool the public, it works to the point of getting the shopping and social aspects intergrated

you claim it didn't a way to search for words and pharases, that was proven wrong and we don't need to go down that route.

So next time take some time and think you know maybe BN isn't out to get me .
I was partially wrong, which I have admitted. What's your point? If I had perfect knowledge, there would be no need for discussions. Rather than being a productive and civil contributor, you continue to try to turn this thread into a fanboy thread.

Well, I'm done with you, because instead of relating to me as a person and member of mobileread, you want to relate to me as a "kindle user." It is a really sad way of looking at the world, of always stereotyping and generalizing people. There's nothing I can do about that. There is also nothing I can do about your lack of reading comprehension. I can't comprehend for you. If anyone else has something productive to contribute to this thread that could be of help to those weighing a decision between a nook touch and K3, please do, and ignore boswd's belligerence.
spellbanisher is offline   Reply With Quote