View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #35
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbanisher View Post
First off, I have posted videos and links to objective reviews. I am not selling "Kindles." As I have already noted

I am also a former nook owner, as I have already stated. The noted lack of civility on your part has nothing to do with your fondness for the nook. It has to do with your hasty generalizations like this:

Or the very disdainful way you communicate

As far as this little addition:

Again, you fail on reading comprehension. Again, here is the thesis of what I wrote:

Note that my post was not about any specific device, nor was it about comparing the Nook Touch to the K3. It was about the B&N's lack of attention to detail in the features they provide, which indicates that they only tack on those features on their devices just to say they have them. Now, despite the title of this thread, the point of this thread was not to be a "nook owners vs kindle owners" thread. Instead, it was supposed to provide a fair comparison between the Nook Touch and the K3 so that buyers could make an informed decision, which is why I posted this in the "What Should I Buy" section, and not the General Discussions section. I was wrong about the search feature; you could have pointed that out without generalizing about kindle owners. What I resent is how you brought your whole bullshit "Nook owners vs kindle owners" squabble into this thread. I have no interest in such a petty discussion, and just to be noted, I have not posted in any other versus threads except for the sony vs nook touch thread, where I posted a video of a review comparing the nook and sony from the the-ebook-reader.com. Personally, I want there to be multiple successful ereaders, because more competition means lower prices and better features for all the readers. I think Sony makes the best readers(their problem is the store, not the reader itself), and kobo has a decent basic reader, although they should probably lower the price a little more if they want to compete with B&N for marketshare. My problem, as I have repeatedly stated, is B&N's tendency to tack on features in a haphazard way just to say they have them, which I find to be a highly deceptive and unethical way to compete.
then educate yourself on the features, use the device then come back with your posts.
Read your post's again they are written through your kindle glasses, which is OK to a certain degree, it's your favorite ereader but don't talk about things you don't know and worse act like an expert in it.

all 6 inch eink ereaders are poor PDF readers, some make it less painful then others. but it's really only the PDF's that contain graphs, pictures, maps etc.

but novels that are PDF's then that's a whole different ball of wax. Then 6 inch ereaders aren't bad at all. In fact the nook's PDF's with text reflow makes reading old out of copyright PDF's actually better than the kindles.

it's webbrowser. Again this wasn't some sort of " yes let's fool the world and tell them we don't have a web browser but yet put one in Mhhoowwwwhaaaaa *evil laugh* Now Pinky go get my laser we are taking over the world."

The said it doesn't have a webbrower for surfing the net ect. now yes it has something but again stop and think for a minute and ok it must have one because how else would I link to the bookstore and the social networking functions. But no there are correct they don't have a full functioning web browser.
but it's not this some sort of let's fool the public, it works to the point of getting the shopping and social aspects intergrated

you claim it didn't a way to search for words and pharases, that was proven wrong and we don't need to go down that route.

So next time take some time and think you know maybe BN isn't out to get me .

Last edited by boswd; 06-13-2011 at 01:52 PM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote