View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 01:07 PM   #71
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool you're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alissa View Post
Thank you, Alan. I got the .azw file and examined it. It appears to have no images in it.

The current version of MobiHandler can't show a cover image of a mobi/azw file unless Kindle device shows any on the book's details view (use the RIGHT button on the book on the HOME screen) as in the attached screen shot.

Amazon Kindle for PC (and possibly other Kindle software, e.g., Kindle for MacOS or Kindle for Android) may show cover images even in case Kindle device can't. (See this thread for details.)

Also, even if your kindle device shows something appearing as a text-only cover, it may not be a cover image. It can be the first text page of the book.

If anybody has an example mobi/azw file that Kindle device shows a cover for it while MobiHandler doesn't, it should be a bug of my MobiHandler. I love to examine the file. Otherwise, MobiHandler showing no cover image is a behaviour by design, and I can't fix it.
you're welcome

i only have a few unaltered azw's on my kindle, but can say this. the ones that show a graphical cover on my k3 also display that same cover on my win7 pc. the ones that don't show a graphical cover on my k3 display the all-white page shaped default icon on my win7 pc. sorry that i misunderstood the original question. i would like to see your program display mobi/prc covers as well.

good luck
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote