View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 07:16 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobertson View Post
I've never really thought of contemporaneity as a factor in determining whether a book is worth my time or not. That seems like a pretty limiting criteria if you ask me. In terms of the quality of the prose writing (however vague that sounds), 1984 is up there with the best that I've ever read, so I have to recommend it.
The reason I feel it's a good idea to read the most modern sounding book in the list is that in that case, The War of the Worlds would win (as it should).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote