View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 11:59 PM   #38
Alissa
Connoisseur
Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 + Story HD + Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
With this program, can I go to My Kindle Content and see thumbnails of the books? Or do I use it with my Kindle tethered to the computer?
You can see cover images of you ebooks stored in your "My Kindle Content" folder as well as those in a Kindle Device connected with a USB cable.

As blossom wrote, MobiHandler is not an independent application program but a Shell Extension that is something like a plug-in to the Windows itself. I guess that's the point you were confused.

After installing the MobiHandler, just open your "My Kindle Content" folder with Explorer as always, e.g., by choosing "Documents" (or "My Document" on Windows XP) in the Start menu and double clicking on the "My Kindle Content". You may need to adjust the "View" of your folder window to see thumbnails. (See the first screen shot below.)

If you still don't see cover images, please try cleaning up your thumbnails cache. You can do it by choosing "Computer" in the Start menu, right-clicking on the "C:" drive, choosing "Properties", clicking on the "Disk Cleanup" button there, and click "OK" on the "Disk Cleanup" window. Make sure "Thumbnails" is checked on the "Disk Cleanup" window. (See the second screen shot below.) After the cleanup, close the folder window and reopen "My Kindle Content".

I know that thumbnail cache cleanup should be automatic, especially after a new install of MobiHandler. The problem is that I don't know how to do it from installer... If anybody here knows how to do it programmatically, please tech me. I very much love to know that!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	View2.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	70381   Click image for larger version

Name:	cleanup2.png
Views:	598
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	70382  

Last edited by Alissa; 04-24-2011 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Corrected a typo
Alissa is offline   Reply With Quote